March 2, 2010

Three videos that sum up my sense of humor.

I've been told by a bunch of people, including several good friends and numerous women (who don't usually mean it in a good way), that I have an odd sense of humor. Guilty as charged.

Some might call it "eclectic," others would choose "quirky." But it's not all weird. Two of my favorite shows are "The Simpsons" and "Seinfeld," hits of the most mainstream variety. I really enjoyed the zillion-dollar behemoth known as The Hangover, and I consider Rush Hour 2 to be the greatest buddy-action-comedy of all time.

Nevertheless, many of the things I laugh at might be a bit different than what makes normal folk in middle America guffaw. And, like most people who live on the fringe, I take more pride in my love of alternative comedy than I do in the generic stuff everybody likes.

So if I had to sum up my sense of humor in three videos, these are the ones I'd choose. Enjoy; by the end, you'll have a deep understanding of what makes Steve Cimino tick:


The incomparable Tim and Eric present "My 2 Fathers."



The unbelievable "Porcupine Racetrack" from The State.



And finally, these guys (who miss way more than they hit) present the best five seconds in Internet comedy.

No comments: